Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nieman Marcus Cookies

So, a few years ago my grandma gave me her mom's cook book.  This is a handwritten ledger pad of all her favorites.  From what I know of her, she was a great baker and could make some awesome food.  Obviously I was thrilled to have the book handed down to me.  Well, I was looking through it the other day and in the back was a letter from her doctor that detailed what an "appropriate diet" should be and attached was a list of some healthy choices like broccoli, carrots, fresh fruit, whole grains and in her handwriting the last item on the list was 1 Lb. of chocolate.  Some day I'm going to frame that and hang it in my kitchen.  Well, folded up with this letter was a copy of a recipe titled " Nieman Marcus $250.00 Cookie recipe"  and tonight I decided to give them a try. They are great and will more than likely be my go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

1 c. butter ( I used blue bonnet light)
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flax meal mixed with 6 Tbsp. water (let sit 2 min.)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 1/2 c. oatmeal blended into powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips ( I use enjoy life)

Preheat your oven to 375*F.  Cream butter and both sugars until smooth.  Add in the vanilla and flax mixture and stir until combined.  Mix in the dry ingredients and then finally add the chocolate chips.  I have to tell you, I didn't measure the chocolate chips.  I just dumped them in until it looked goo to me.  I used about 3/4 of the bag.  I spooned them by the Tablespoon full onto parchment lined cookie sheets.  The recipe says bake for 6 minutes but it took mine 9.  I got 36 cookies out of it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment