Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Farmer's Cake

I made the easiest, most delicious cake the other night.  The recipe came from my great aunt, and man, it was good!  As some of you know, in the last few months we have moved and I killed my laptop by banging it against a wall.  Why am I telling you this, you ask?  Well, I don't have any pictures because I have to find the disk to download my camera software,due to the new laptop, but haven't found the box.  So you're just going to have to take my word for it.  This stuff is good (did I already say that) and it's super easy, so you won't be out anything for trying it.

 Farmer's Cake 

2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 eggs replaced ( I did 2 Tbsp. flax + 6 Tbsp. water)
1 stick margarine (blue bonnet light)
1 Lg. can of pie filling
  Cherry, blueberry, whatever you like.  I did peach. YUM!

First, preheat your oven to 350*F. Mix your dry ingredients and then stir in the replaced eggs and sick of melted margarine.  Once combined, add in the pie filling.  Bake in an 8x11 pan for 35-40 minutes.


* I thought for sure I was screwing this recipe up, because when I added the egg replacer and margarine, the dough was still so dry and crumbly.  Once the pie filling gets added to the mixture it will look much better.

Hope you all will give it a try.  We all fought over this one and it disappeared in just a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment