Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Party

Hi all, I survived surgery, recovered, and have made my way across three states since the last time we talked.  With Halloween just a few days away I'm figuring out what we are going to do.  Last year we knew all our neighbors, so I packaged "safe" treats and delivered them to our friends and then I went home, picked up my daughter, and we went trick or treating.  She had a blast and was super excited that she got to actually keep everything she received.

This year, we don't know anyone so I've decided that we are going to have our own party at home this year, treats included.  My hope is that this will turn into a tradition for us.  Here are my plans.

Games

First up from no time for flash cards  is a spider web walking game.  I like this one because it can be adjusted based on your child's development and it is a way to earn treats. 




It's written on the walls has a TON of games to look through.  We are doing the witch hat ring toss


and the pumpkin bean bag toss.  We are going to use our leftover moving boxes to make this as a craft project this week.

Techy Teacher made a punch a bunch board.  What I like about this is that it's educational, fun, and the kiddos get a prize.  I'm stuffing our bowls with little glow sticks, plastic bugs, and cheap toys.


If you haven't seen anything you like yet, check out kimboscrafts.  She also had a bunch of party games. 
We're doing the spiderweb obstacle course

and a mummy race

I've actually done the mummy race before with a bunch of adults and it's a blast.


Crafts

We're definitely painting our fingernails

 and making Bat o lanterns
Bat-o'-Lanterns

and there is no way I could miss out on glitter bombing a pumpkin.
glitter pumpkins

Food

sprinkled with flour made these ritz pb spiders.  I'm using ritz crackers, sunbutter, enjoy life chocolates, and idk maybe smarties for the eyes.


I saw these kabobs at where the cookies are and figured I would make them with with surf sweets gummy swirls and spooky spiders along with the ghost peeps.



Lastly, we are going to make a cake.  I'm going to use my hummingbird cake and pillsbury cream cheese frosting.  Here are a couple of the decorating ideas I'm thinking about. Which one should it be?


or

or this one is really cool, but I'm not sure if I'm that talented.  We'll see...


I hope that no matter what you all choose to do this year, you have a fun, safe holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment