Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Mug Cake

I'm in big huge trouble!  I'm sure by now, my sweet tooth has become apparent to you all.  I found a chocolate cake recipe that I can make in the microwave, in a coffee mug, and all the ingredients are pantry staples!  One thing I don't like much about cake is that I find it to be a bit dry.  This is more like a lava cake.  It is also free of milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, soy, fish, and shellfish.  I assume you could make it wheat free by using a gf blend, but I am running low on flours around here and had to use whole wheat pastry flour.  Here you go!

2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. flour 
3 Tbsp. soy, rice, or oat milk
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. applesauce
1/4tsp. vanilla.
1/2 Tbsp choc. chips (enjoy life)
and a handful of mini marshmallows if desired

So put the first 7 ingredients in your mug and mix it good.  sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.  Microwave for 2 minutes.  If you want marshmallow "frosting" when there is 20 seconds left, pop the door open drop the marshmallows in really quickly, and finish cooking.  It is pretty good considering you get a chocolate treat with less than 5 minutes work and only end up with one dirty dish.  I have no idea what happens if you let it cool because, honestly, it hasn't survived that long in this house.  Happy eating everyone.  Here is the original recipe if you are interested. I found it at 2 stews

No comments:

Post a Comment