Sunday, March 11, 2012

My favorite brownies!

I shouldn't admit this, but I made a batch of these brownies on Friday to post but they all got eaten before I took a picture.  I can't post about my favorite brownies without a picture, so I made more.  The other brownies are WAY healthier, and have far less sugar, but these are really really good.

1/2 c. margarine ( I used blue bonnet light)
1/2 c. applesauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. mini chocolate chips (enjoy life)

Preheat oven to 375*F and grease a 9x13 baking dish.  Melt the margarine in a medium mixing bowl, add in both sugars, the applesauce, and vanilla.  Once combined, add in the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.  Mix in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into your pan.  It is very thick and you will have to spread it with your spoon.  Just try to make it as even as you can.  Bake for about 18 minutes if you want cake like brownies, less if you are looking for fudgy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment