Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Onion Rings, Curly Fries, and a Sweet Suprise

Well, it's been a long day at my house.  Today I spent 5 hours in the car going to asthma clinic and back.  Got home just in time to make a late dinner, get showers done and send my daughter off to bed.  Now, what I should be doing is cleaning the kitchen and making a breakfast dish for my husbands brunch at work tomorrow.  Instead, it is 9 pm and there are three pages open on my browser.  Blogger, Facebook, and Pinterest.  What can I say, I guess I'm really good at procrastinating!  I wanted to share a couple of recipes that I came across.  These are not sweets but I decided they count as indulgences.


First of are these curly fries by Devin Alexander.  To say they are delicious would be an understatement.  These were the first white potato I could get my daughter to eat.  I do have the tool to make the curls, but if you don't, just cut them into strips like regular fries or chunk them.  I have done it each way and it really doesn't matter.  The recipe is here.  For the egg replacement I used ener-g egg replacer, stirred it up and let it sit a little while to thicken.
Arbys22 300x260 Skinny Snacks: Tastes Like Arbys Curly Fries




I love onion rings!  Occasionally I was buying the Ian's brand onion rings and they are OK.  It's just that I don't want to pay five bucks for a small bag of rings.  I was pointed in the direction of the post punk kitchen by a member of the food allergies group on Facebook when I was looking for an onion ring recipe.  They are really good, and baked, so just like the curly fries these rings are lower in fat than their original counterparts.  Here is the link



Well, now that I have sufficiently wasted more time I guess I better go make something for tomorrows brunch.  I'm tired and have decided to take the easy way out with these blueberry turnovers.  I will use soy milk in the glaze and have heard that you can use it to replace the egg wash as well, so that's my plan.
[DSC_0126.jpg]

I have had some trouble with the link for the turnovers so if it doesn't go to the recipe, her page has a search bar so just type in blueberry turnover and you will be there.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment