Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7 Different Doughnuts!

A local magazine did an article about this super cute doughnut store we have downtown and there were pictures. Tons of them, in all their glorious color and deliciousness.  I was thinking about sneaking out of the house to get some, but then changed my mind.  If the baker in the store can make delicious doughnuts, then so can I!  Mine are going to be so awesome that I won't even miss those silly $4 doughnuts downtown.  Who cares if it is the size of your plate?  Not me!  Anywho... I got to work on my computer to find some safe recipe's to test.  The first one was a bomb, like the worst thing I have ever eaten.  Straight to the trash they went.  Here is the list of all the other safe recipe's I found if you want to give any of them a try as well.



This one is from sexy vegan mama.  It has fake tofu bacon on it that I am skipping.  Ick!  I am thinking about making some chocolate glaze and safe vanilla pudding to fill them.

She also has a jelly stuffed sugar doughnut.  It sounds good to me, hope it tastes good as well.
I'm going to roll the dough a bit thinner than hers. 







You would not believe the beautiful danish pastries I found on maple spice.  The only changes that need to be done here are to omit any nuts, and make vanilla glaze instead of almond glaze.

vegan Danish pastries







On vegan heartland I came across a recipe for vegan krispy kreme's.








This one I am looking forward to!  Strawberry cake doughnuts!  You will have to do some substituting to this recipe.  Soy, Rice or whatev. for milk, dairy free margarine for butter, and egg replacer for one egg.  But if it tastes anything like it looks, this one is going to be worth it.






Found these at the food allergy chronicles and they are milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, and soy free.

dairy,egg,peanut/tree nut free maple, chocolate and strawberry glazed, cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar doughnuts





In the next few weeks, I'm going to be testing these out and deciding on a favorite.  What happens if they all bomb you ask.  Well then I guess we'll be eating these.

Pizza Dough-Nuts

I found this on pinterest last week and was so disappointed in myself.  Why didn't I think of this!?  I grew up on those pop n fresh biscuits.  We would smash them, make a circle cut out with the vanilla lid and fry them.  I knew that the biscuits aren't safe, and I knew that the pizza dough was.  Oh well, even if I didn't invent it, I'm glad it's out there.  Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment