Monday, July 16, 2012

The best chicken strips ever!

I didn't make any desserts this weekend because my gallbladder is going crazy.  It's pretty much been a diet of jello and toast around here.  I did however make some awesome chicken strips.  These things are perfect in every way. 


 picture from http://yourlifeuncommon.blogspot.com/ since my camera is refusing to function




Even if you don't try anything else on this blog, you must try these.  Next time I'm going to cut the chicken into chunks and make nuggets instead of strips to appease my daughter.  I found the recipe on Our life uncommon and tweaked it to make it work for us. Here's what you need

2 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. season all
2 tsp. paprika
1 cup flour
1 qt. baggie
a bowl of soy milk 
4 Tbsp. margarine (I used blue bonnet light)

Preheat your oven to 400*F.  Clean your chicken and cut it into strips or chunks, depending on whether you want strips or nuggets.  Once cut, place the chicken in your bowl of soy milk.  I'm sure any milk substitute would work.  Next, take all the dry ingredients and place them in the baggie.  Seal it shut and give it a good shake to mix everything.  By now your oven is probably preheated, so cut up the margarine into little chunks and space them out in a 9x13 pan and place it in the oven.  Once the margarine is melted, pull the pan out.  Take your chicken strips, one at a time, shake off the extra milk and drop them into the bag and give it a shake.  Place the breaded strip (or nugget) into the pan and continue on until you're finished.  Shove the pan back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.  Flip the strips over and bake another 20 minutes.  I'm sure the time will be less for nuggets.  Basically, flip them once they are getting crispy.  





No comments:

Post a Comment