Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sometime two wrongs do make a right

How many times have you heard your mother (or yourself) say, "Two wrongs don't make a right"  Well, this afternoon I decided to do a bit of experimenting in the kitchen.  I'm still trying to find the perfect brownie and I'm not going to give up.  Someone told me that banana makes a great egg replacement in brownies.  I had all the ingredients in the house and time to kill, so why not. Well... they weren't exactly gross, but they weren't really brownies either.  This dish had the consistency of lava cake no matter how long I baked it and in the end it tasted like mashed up bananas in chocolate sauce.  I guess my quest for perfect brownies shall continue.  

Here is the picture of those lovely brownies. 


At this point I'm thinking, no worries I'll just make that doughnut recipe I found on pinterest.  Everything looked great!  I followed the directions perfectly and all my pictures matched hers.  


Ok, this is going to be great!  Now I pull them out of the oven and dip them in the glaze, let them cool just enough to eat, and we all dig in. 

"EWWWWWWW" 

That's the reaction I get from my faithful taste testers.  It tasted like my normal bread recipe, only slightly sweeter, dipped in sugar.  They were tough, for doughnuts, and not fluffy at all.  As I'm standing there staring around my well floured kitchen, looking at the mess I have to clean up I'm trying to think of some way to salvage something...  anything for Pete's sake!  Well, I take one of those doughnut holes and dip it in the chocolate frosting from the brownies.  Turns out the frosting is actually pretty tasty!  So I failed at brownies, and I failed at donuts, but at least I have a new frosting recipe!  See mom, two wrongs do make a right!




P.S. Look for the frosting on an upcoming Texas Sheet Cake.








No comments:

Post a Comment