Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hi everyone.  I have to tell you I've been very busy rearranging my boards on Pinterest.  You see, I pin any recipes I stumble upon on to my board and it was getting so long that I've decided to add more allergy friendly boards.  I now have separate sections for breakfast, meals, and sweets!  I also have tons of finds to pass along.



The first thing I found this week blew my mind!  Do you know that Enjoy Life has a free e-book.  Yes, you heard me FREE!  How did I miss out on this?  Well, if you are anything like me and had no idea, here's the link.

Enjoy Life Foods




There was a recipe for these little nutella rolls on pinterest, but another allergy mom came up with a fabulous substitution idea.  Here are her instructions.  Take a crescent roll and add a scoop of apple pie filling.  Seal the edges shut and then roll in cinnamon and sugar.  Bake according to directions.
Quick and easy, just what we need sometimes.

picture from things that sparkle





With the heat of summer in full swing, don't strawberries sound good?  Over at gratefulprayerthankfulheart I saw a strawberry pie recipe.  Now I would probably use a pillsbury refrigerated pie crust and either make coconut whipped cream or just leave it without.


To make coconut whipped cream, take a can of full fat (not light) coconut milk and leave it in the fridge for several hours, or overnight.  When you open it, scoop out all the thick stuff at the top and put it in a chilled bowl.  Whip it with an electric mixer until it gets fluffy.  Pretty simple, eh?





Here is a dinner I just couldn't pass up.  Seriously, who doesn't love mushrooms?  Savory sweet life shared a recipe for chicken marsala.  We are having it later this week.  The only changes needed are to use margarine or earth balance for butter and skip the optional cream. 






Looking for a meat free option?  The kitchen life of a navy wife posted a recipe for avocado cream cheese pockets.  This one does take a bit of substituting, but it can definitely be done.  What I plan to do is use pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets (always check labels) and subbing Tofutti sour supreme for the cream cheese.  Also, you can either skip the egg wash or just brush the top with a bit of your milk replacement.  


Hope you all have a great week.  I'm working on some Texas sheet cake for this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment